The importance of having competent, high quality guides and porters cannot be overstated when it comes to climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. Tanzania Travelersuses local guides, all of whom have received extensive training in first aid, mountain rescue, flora, fauna, and geology. All are registered with Kilimanjaro National Park (KINAPA). Our Kilimanjaro guides are very experienced, with most having climbed more than 100 times! They are professionals who intimately know the mountain.
You can expect the following from our Kilimanjaro guides:
• High Safety Standards – Your guide can identify and avoid potential hazards such as slippery trails and loose rocks. Your guide can prevent, recognize and treat altitude-related illnesses.
• Climb Knowledge Kilimanjaro trails are clearly marked, so following a trail should not pose a problem. But there are more intricate things that your guide will take into consideration when deciding when, where, and how to move the party. These things include weather conditions, trail density, rest stops, pace, etc.
• Mountain Facts Your guide is knowledgeable about general mountain facts. He can tell you about the vegetation zones, the altitudes of and distances to campsites, and information about the geology, flora and fauna. These types of facts increase the enjoyment during the trek by giving you an idea of what you are seeing and feeling.
• Our Kilimanjaro guides love working with us because we book small, private parties on the best routes.
• Our porters take care of you. So we take care of them.
Tanzania Travelersemploy, empower, and reward local guides and porters
Tanzania Travelersexists to uplift the people that will take you to the top. Tanzania is among the poorest nations in the world with a per capita annual income of only 700 USD. Guides and porters are some of the least paid workers in our society. Many other trekking operators take advantage of this and pay their guides and porters very minimal wages (as little as 3 USD per day). We however exist to empower each other. Trust that we pay at least twice the average local salary from the fees you pay us without charging you more. Let us take you to the top and at the same time feel great about providing for those in need.